- Some of the biggest fashion trends of 2020 included tiny handbags, corsets, and low-rise pants with a visible thong.
- Although celebrities embraced a lot of these looks, I found many of the styles to be overhyped and overworn.
- From tiny sunglasses to even tinier handbags, many of the worst fashion trends of 2020 were rooted in impracticality.
- As we move into a new year, I rounded up some of the most popular styles from this year that I hope will stay in the past.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The year 2020 was marked by challenges, but people still expressed themselves through style.
From the resurgence of nostalgic looks like tie-dye and tiny sunglasses to textiles like colorful leather and crochet, this year saw a variety of memorable fashion trends, many of which were reminiscent of a bygone era.
As Insider’s style reporter, I even put some of the most popular fashion items of the year to the test, including the internet-famous Jacquemus tiny purse.
While this year proved how fashion remains a source of creativity and comfort, even in unprecedented times, it also brought its share of impractical styles — like kitten heels and exposed thongs — that I wish would disappear in 2021.