This week’s top stories: Beats Studio Buds announced, iOS 15 tidbits, more – 9to5Mac
In this week’s top stories: Apple officially unveils the new Beats Studio Buds, more iOS 15 tidbits emerge, Apple Watch Series 7 rumors, and more. Read on for all of this week’s top stories and more.
Beats Studio Buds
After several weeks of rumors, the Beats Studio Buds truly wireless earbuds were officially released this week. They are priced at $149.99 with Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency Mode, USB-C charging, and more. You can order them now on Amazon for arrival later in June.
For more details on the stem-less Beats Studio Buds, be sure to check out our full review right here.
Apple Watch Series 7
A new report from Bloomberg this week shed additional light on what to expect from the Apple Watch Series 7 update coming later this year. According to Mark Gurman, the Apple Watch Series 7 will feature thinner bezels around the display, a faster processor, and upgraded ultra-sideband technology.
Apple was reportedly aiming to include a body temperature sensor as well, but that feature may have been delayed until the 2022 watch.
On Thursday, Apple launched its annual Back to School promotion in the United States and Canada. Customers can get a free pair of AirPods bundled with the purchase of eligible Mac and iPad purchases from now until September 27.
Across both iPad and Mac deals, you are saving a total of $159. Learn more in our full coverage here.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below.
- Hands-on: Here’s how iPhone’s Live Text OCR works in iOS 15
- Hands-on: How to set up the new notification summary feature in iOS 15
- iOS 15 update choice could mean big changes in iOS 16 – Macworld
- Apple releases iOS 14.7, watchOS 7.6, and macOS 11.5 beta 3 to developers
- How iOS 15 will make your iPhone even more useful with SharePlay, Find My upgrades, and more
- Pirated movies and TV shows app, disguised as Sudoku game, climbs App Store charts [update: gone]
- Apple releases iOS 12.5.4 for older iPhones with ‘important security updates’
- Pokémon UNITE for iOS: monsters available, release date, rule-set, more
- Concept Part 1: What we’d like to see next year in iOS 16, and why we’re talking about it now
Apple Watch |
Apple TV and HomePod |
Beats Studio Buds |
Apple Stores |
AAPL Company |
Subscribe to 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel for more videos.
This week’s top videos |
9to5Mac Daily |
Listen to a recap of the top stories of the day from 9to5Mac. 9to5Mac Daily is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Sponsored by iMazing: 9to5Mac readers can download iMazing for 30% off for a limited time with code WWDC21.
- 9to5Mac Daily: June 18, 2021 – AppleCare+ changes, more
- 9to5Mac Daily: June 17, 2021 – Apple Back to School promo, iOS 15 tidbits
- 9to5Mac Daily: June 16, 2021 – Apple Health roadmap, more
- 9to5Mac Daily: June 15, 2021 – Apple TV+ trial, iOS 12.5.4 update
- 9to5Mac Daily: June 14, 2021 – Beats Studio Buds, Apple Watch Series 7 rumor
9to5Mac Happy Hour Podcast |
This week 9to5Mac’s Benjamin and Zac discuss the long-awaited release of Apple Podcast Subscriptions, Spatial Audio in Apple Music, the new Beats Studio Buds, and rumors about upcoming new Apple devices.
9to5Mac Happy Hour is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Stacktrace Podcast |
John and Rambo dive much deeper into some of the key new APIs and system features that were announced at WWDC21, including SharePlay, ShazamKit, Swift’s new concurrency system, and what’s new in Xcode 13. Also, debugging low-level crashes, and tips for getting started with app development.
Stacktrace by 9to5Mac is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Apple @ Work Podcast |
Apple @ Work by 9to5Mac is available on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, and via RSS for other podcast players.
Sponsored by DEVONthink 3: Manage documents the smart way on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Apple @ Work listeners get 10% off with this link.
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: