NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) – Businesses in the Canteen District are preparing for a busy holiday shopping season. In fact, they’re hoping for another record year.
“It just brings people out, they are in the Christmas shopping spirit and just it’s just exciting to see everyone come out,” said Double Dips owner Lori Bergman.
North Platte Area Chamber and Development Corporation Vice-President Cassie Condon distributed shop small passports to local businesses Friday to get people to think local, especially with the ongoing nationwide supply chain issues.
“You’re not relying on those shipping containers to make sure they are getting it overseas and its not going to sit in a warehouse for who knows how long, and having that reliability that it’s going to be there under your Christmas tree is key,” Condon said.
Shelly Halouska owns Refined Boutique and Reclaimed Brands and started receiving warnings during the summer there could be supply-chain problems and started stockpiling inventory when she could.
“I had one that literally sat there from June and I finally just had to cancel it so it’s tough for all industries across the board,” Halouska said. “I hope we have a really good holiday season for everybody here.”
To collect your shop Small NP Passport visit any of the participating businesses on Saturday, Nov. 27. Collect a minimum of eight stamps for the chance to win bundles of Gift Cards from the NP Passport Businesses!
2021 SHOP SMALL NP Passport Businesses:
- A Botanical Dream
- A Cut Above / Doodads & Fandangles
- Ace Hardware (Downtown NP)
- Alive Outside
- Another Avenue
- Beyond Envy
- Bible Supplies (Westfield Shopping Center)
- Bill Summer’s Ford
- Bow and Arrow (Downtown NP)
- Brittany’s (District 177- formerly Platt River Mall)
- Brown’s Shoe Fit (Downtown NP)
- Cinda’s Accents (Downtown NP)
- Coffee Bin, The
- Double Dips Ice Creamery (Downtown NP)
- Dr Scrubs and More
- Fantasy Gifts
- Feather River Vineyard
- Garden Glove
- Golden Spike Tower Store
- Happy Heart Specialty Foods
- Hirschfeld’s (Downtown NP)
- Mammoth Clothing Exchange (Downtown NP)
- Pals Brewing Company
- Prairie Hand Knits
- Prairie Friends & Flowers
- Premier Rental Purchase (Downtown NP)
- Pop Corner (Westfield Shopping Center)
- Quilt Rack & Wool Cubby (Downtown NP)
- Refined Boutique (Downtown NP)
- River Gun Valley (Downtown NP)
- Sports Shoppe & Big Red Etc.
- Swan’s Fine Home (Downtown NP)
- Tallmon’s Jewelry (Downtown NP)
- The Flower Market (Downtown NP)
- Tipsy Canvas (Downtown NP)
- Tobacco Road
- Town & Country Western Wear
- Westfield Floral & Pharmacy (Westfield Shopping Center)
- Whitetail Screen Print (Downtown NP)
Copyright 2021 KNOP. All rights reserved.