HAMLET — The Performing Arts Series is returning this fall to the Cole Auditorium at Richmond Community College with a great line-up of live entertainment.
“After a year of silence on the stage of the Cole, we are looking forward to bringing back the top quality performances and shows that we are known for,” said Cole Auditorium Director Joey Bennett. “We have a variety of big name acts on the schedule, including several shows that will be great outings for the entire family.”
The 2021-2022 Performing Arts Series includes:
- Tony award-winning actor, dancer and singer Ben Vereen – Thursday, Oct. 28, at 7:30 p.m.
- Childhood favorite turned musical “Schoolhouse Rock Live!” – Sunday, Nov. 14, at 3 p.m.
- Country music band Parmalee – Thursday, Nov. 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Lightwire Theater’s “A Very Electric Christmas” – Saturday, Dec. 4, at 2 and 7 p.m.
- Shadow dance company Catapult presents “Magic Shadows” – Tuesday, March 1, at 7:30 p.m.
- Celebrating the world’s greatest pianists and showmen, “The Greatest Piano Men” – Thursday, March 24, at 7:30 p.m.
Performing Arts Series show tickets will only be sold individually this year. Seating for the upcoming season will be general admission only, except for Director’s Circle members.
“If you would like to have the same guaranteed seats for each of the six shows scheduled, we encourage you to become a Director’s Circle member, which is a great way to enhance your theater experience,” said Bennett.
Director’s Circle members have the opportunity to:
- Reserve tickets for each show in the same seats.
- Take advantage of priority parking.
- Participate in a pre-show reception, where often times performers will drop in for a meet-and-greet.
- Be a donor to the Richmond Community College Foundation, which directly supports and enriches RichmondCC students.
Show tickets go on sale today, June 1, and can be purchased online or in person at the Cole Box Office, which is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The Cole is located on the Hamlet Campus of RichmondCC. Tickets can also be purchased by calling the Box Office at (910) 410-1691. To purchase tickets online, visit https://richmondcc.edu/about-us/cole-auditorium.
“While COVID put a halt on in-door shows, we were still able to bring live entertainment to the parking lot of the Cole with our ‘Car-certs’ last fall. We also just wrapped up our Live @the Lake series with local acts performing at our outdoor amphitheater by the RichmondCC lake,” Bennett said. “We made some renovations to the facility in 2020, so we are ready to bring our loyal Cole audience back inside and provide them with the intimate theater experience that can’t be found anywhere else in Richmond County.”